- Zip through hoody
- Long body athletic fit
- Close fitting balaclava hood
Fabric Polartec® Power Dry® Expedition Weight - 100% Polyeste Average Weight 240g Made In New Zealand
Warm wash, mild detergent. Separate dark colours for the first wash. Do not bleach, dry clean or iron. Do not use fabric softener. Fabric will be touch dry at end of washing cycle. Any residual dampness will air dry. May be tumble dried, cool setting only, for a very short time. Fabric softeners reduce the moisture transfer and breathability properties of the fleece by coating the polyester fibres with a lubricant.They should be totally avoided.
Lightweight / 4X4 Stretch / Mid Weight / Expedition
Warm wash, mild detergent. Do not bleach, dry clean or iron. Do not use fabric softener. Fabric will be touch dry at end of washing cycle. Any residual dampness will air dry. May be tumble dried, cool setting only, for a very short time. Fabric softeners reduce the moisture transfer and breathability properties of the fleece by coating the polyester fibres with a lubricant.They should be totally avoided.
Customer Reviews 5 item(s)
- Brilliant layering piece
The versatility of the Vertical is amazing. I used it as first layer, and even a second layer and it kept me warm without overheating. The material wicks moisture second to none. Never did I feel wet, even after really pushing it.
The hood is really well thought out. I used it as a semi-balaclava, and found no need for a second usually bulkier face mask/balaclava.
- Super versatile top!
- Myself and three colleagues who work as outdoor instructors got one each three years ago. We have found this to be one of our most fav and most used piece of outdoor clothing. Super warm for the weight, full length zip for when things get too warm, drys super quick, wicks well, and the hood is always ready to cut the windchill when you cant be bothered pulling the beanie out. Hood also fits well under a variety of helmets. Nice one ESS for an amazing garment!
- Light, warm, versatile
- Used this in summer and winter, New Zealand, Scotland, French Alps. It is a perfect layer for someone like me who "runs hot" when climbing - breathes brilliantly, and hood will even come up over a helmet to help keep out the breeze on belays. A brilliant piece of kit which I wear running, winter climbing, or summer cragging.
- Weight for Warmth
- This is an amazing asset to the ESS line, and probably one of the most useful garments i've used (in addition to the prolite shorts and silk-weight tee). Super light but extremely warm, and still breathable in that you do not overheat at all. Soft touch material that feels good against the body. Weight for warmth, incomparable.
- Well thought out and great in combination with Zip Polo first layer
The Vertical is surprisingly warm, especially in combination with the Zip Polo first layer. It wicks moisture really effectively. The full-length zip is handy if you want to take it off and on without taking your helmet off. The combination of zip and under-helmet hood make it adaptable to a really wide range of temperatures.
* Chris used the Vertical on the New Zealand Hindu Kush Expedition (Pakistan) August 2014: Langua-tai-Barfi 7017m
Write Your Own Review