After talking with number of chemical engineers we discovered how to create a more effective water repellant. Fluoropolymers are the most effective repellants and the resin concentration is critical to it's performance. A mineral spirit base provides the best durability and makes for easy application.
We also came to understand that how to apply the repellant is very important to getting the best result. Please read and follow the application directions listed below.
- High strength water and stain-repellent
- For all wind and waterproof fabrics
- Excellent restorative treatment for technical waterproof breathable fabrics
- Chemically non-reactive fluoropolymer
- Will not harm the ozone layer
- Machine-washable up to 3-4 times
- For both natural and synthetic fabrics
- 300ml bottle is enough for 3-4 square metres of fabric or approximately 2 jackets
- Made and developed in New Zealand
- Full product information brochure available
- Suitable on all waterproof breathable fabrics, soft shell fabric, canvas, nylon canvas, taslan. Effective on nylon, polyester, cotton and mixtures of all of these. Effectiveness is reduced on very fine denier fabrics - 30 deniers and less.
- For best results, apply only to clean, well rinsed, dry clothing. Dirt and cleaning residues will decrease the effectiveness of the treatment.
- Shake bottle and spray evenly with a slow swaying motion over all the fabric until covered. Keep the bottle about 20cm from the fabric.
- Over applying will not improve repellency.
- Drying time will depend on conditions. Initial repellency will start once dry, full cure after 48-72 hours depending on conditions.
- Until full cure the garment is best left unused.
- If care instructions allow, the treated garment can be put into a dryer to speed the curing time. Ironing (with a cloth) will also assist this.
- Test for repellency with a few drops of water after application or subsequent washes.
- If required, repeat the process by applying an extra light coating. Depending on the weight of the fabric, a 300ml bottle will treat 3-4 square metres of fabric (approximately two jackets).
Fabric Chemically non-reactive fluoropolymer Average Weight 270g Made In New Zealand
Write Your Own Review