- Elastic draw-corded waist
- Hand-warmer pockets
- Zip-up security pocket on the outside
Fabric Taslan Average Weight 240g Made In New Zealand
Taslan / Nylon Canvas
Warm machine wash, mild detergent. Make sure detergent fully dissolved in the water before adding clothes. Separate dark colours for the first wash. Do not use bleach, Do not tumble dry. Rinse well, light spin. Line dry inside out. Do not leave damp. Do not dry clean. Creases will come out with a few minutes wear but if you like to iron make sure you use a cool setting.
Warm machine wash, mild detergent. Make sure detergent fully dissolved in the water before adding clothes. Separate dark colours for the first wash. Do not use bleach, Do not tumble dry. Rinse well, light spin. Line dry inside out. Do not leave damp. Do not dry clean. Creases will come out with a few minutes wear but if you like to iron make sure you use a cool setting. Allow up to 3% shrinkage in length of trousers. We recommend you wash your trousers first before shortening.
Customer Reviews 4 item(s)
- Awesome hiking pants
- I'm on my second pair of these. The first pair saw 14 years of casual wear plus regular flogging on hard grade bushwalks. I actually still wear them around at home, but decided it was time for an upgrade. Taslan material is comfortable, tough, light, fast-drying, and surprisingly wind-resistant. Well thought-out, minimalistic design and high quality construction. Full marks.
- Best Pant on the market!!
- These pants are bomb proof. Two years wearing them on Fox glacier, 2 seasons guiding in BC Canada and they perform well in a huge variety of conditions, block wind yet breath and dry in an instant. I have a pair I use for hunting/tramping etc and they are the best pants I have ever worn. Great elastic waist for use with a heavy pack on. Super light for long trips.They seem to last for ever! Keep up the good work guys!
- Lightweight, easy maintenance and versatile
- I've had a couple of pairs of Taslan Longs for a long time, one pair being purple is the giveaway - could be originals! They got ripped on a rubbish run last summer and the blue pair looked faded out so I took an opportunity to grab a couple of new pairs - black and navy. These pants really are super-light and easy maintenance. We went to Europe for seven weeks, I took them both and a pair of jeans - hardly wore the jeans because the Taslans are so versatile - from hiking in the Montenegro mountains of Durmitor National Park to formal dinners on the Hurtigruten Ferry (it was midnight sun at 70 degrees North latitude so not too cold around the Norwegian coastline). They've got two good deep pockets, plus the litte side pocket with a zip, just right for keeping keys, loose change or even golf tees.
- Less is more with these remarkable pants
The Taslan Glacier Pants kept me cool on the glacier, cut the wind on reconnaissance climbs and were brilliant around camp (and even around town). They are super-light, easy to wash and they dry in no time. I even bum-slid down the snow and stayed dry. Brilliant!
* Chris used these on the New Zealand Hindu Kush Expedition (Pakistan) August 2014: Langua-tai-Barfi 7017m
Write Your Own Review