- Active outdoor or cold climate travel trouser
- Extra thermal and windproof properties
- Water repellent surface
- Gusseted crotch for maximum stretch
- Streamlined seat with no back pockets
- Zip-up hand warmer pockets
- Belt loops on waist band
- Metal stud waist button
Fabric XTR Thermalite Stretch Average Weight 480g Made In New Zealand
XTR Soft Shell (Turbo, Turbo Guide & Jetstream)
Warm machine wash on a gentle low spin cycle. Use a mild detergent. Make sure detergent fully dissolved in the water before adding clothes. Rinse well. Do not wring. Line dry in shade. Do not bleach or dry clean. Do not tumble dry. Cool iron with pressing cloth if required.
XTR Thermalite Stretch (Katipo & Raptor)
Warm machine wash on a gentle low spin cycle. Use a mild detergent. Make sure detergent fully dissolved in the water before adding clothes. Rinse well in cold water. Tumble dry low heat. Warm iron with pressing cloth. Do not bleach or dry clean.
Customer Reviews 5 item(s)
- SO GOOD! My go to!
- Wow! I have serious trouble wearing any other pants! These have been my go to for a while now. Working in the cold outdoors day after day. Absolutely love them. Feel like I should have two pairs they are so good!
- warmth and protection with movement
- Thicker than the excellent prolite, but not so as to be very noticeable allowing free movement and stretching, while still providing extra warmth and protection from environment, especially wind, light rain and cold.
- Most comfortable pair of pants I have ever owned
- I bought a pair of these pants earlier this year, and they have since become my favourite pair of pants. I wear them around town, climbing at the crag, mountaineering, and even tramping - and I never wear pants tramping. They are so ridiculously comfortable, have held up remarkably well to scrapping across rock while climbing, and breath really nicely!
- Versatile, functional, and durable.
- I got a pair of these simple, black, thermalite stretch pants at the beginning of winter, and have worn them for a variety of activities since. I’ve worn them ski-touring, on-piste skiing, alpine climbing, ice and mixed climbing, cragging, bouldering, indoor climbing, and around town (to work and such). For all those activities I could have used some existing leg-wear option from my wardrobe, but the Katipos ended up being my preference for almost every climbing or skiing day I’ve had since I got them. I was reflecting the other day that these are one of the most useful unneccessary products I own. You can get away without owning a pair of soft-shell pants, but your life will be slightly better if you do. They’re light, comfortable, shed snow and are windproof enough. They breath well and seem pretty tough. The cut is non-descript, which is fine, you’re not at a fashion show in the mountains. I far prefer wearing these to hard-shell pants, due to the weight, breathability and more fitting cut. They have two zipped hip pockets, no back pockets, a gussetted crotch and belt loops. I’ll probably be wearing these for 15 years.
- WOW! Awesome Mtn pants! The perfect balance of robust hardiness & light performance!
- I have had these pants for a year now and they have been my go-to mountain pant since first pulling them on! They everything you need in a mountain pant with nothing you don't - light, warm, wind resistant, very breathable, quick drying, don't hold moisture, good stretch, super comfortable and best of all kiwi designed & made - these tick all the boxes! Super stoked with these bad boys!
Write Your Own Review