- Heavy duty polyester/cotton outer
- Large sizing for multiple clothing layers underneath
- Certificated 650 loft 75/25 duck down fill
- YKK industrial grade, two-way front zip
- No snag, full length, quilted draught flap behind zip
- Full length velcro strip on zip cover flap with thumb hole access gaps
- Synthetic fur lined hood with metal wire rim
- Double draw-cords in hood for sealing both head and neck
- Soft, velour lined chin guards around collar and hood
- Double, micro fleece lined, hand warmer chest pockets
- Large, top opening, waist pockets
- Waist and hem draw-cords
- Reflective piping across chest and lower arms
- Reflective tape on back
- Internal, woollen sleeve, wrist bands
- Cordura piping on cuff edges
- Heavy duty zip pulls
- Vertical and horizontal zip up storage pockets in lining
- Two large, below waist, see-thru mesh storage pockets
- New Zealand flag embroidered on upper arm
- Removeable velcro name tag
Fabric Arctic Tech Average Weight 2020g Made In New Zealand
Machine wash inside out in warm water. Use liquid soap or detergent. Gentle wash cycle. Spin and warm tumble dry thoroughly. Manually ease clumps apart or tumble with tennis balls or a clean sneaker to restore down loft. Air after drying for 24 hours. Store uncompacted. Do not bleach, iron or dry clean.
Customer Reviews 2 item(s)
- Great jacket for extreme cold conditions
I originally bought this jacket for when I travel to cold countries
The coldest I have used it in has been -22.
You can really notice how this jacket keeps you nice and warm out of the elements .
I’d say it works best from about -10, as you do get hot
But you just adjust layers accordingly
Honestly a great Investmet I’m very glad I purchased this jacket . It’s been to several very cold countries in the past 12-14 months
- Fantastic quality, perfect cut, great design for comfort and warmth in extreme weather.
- I bought my ECW Antarctica Jacket two years ago for photography in the Swiss Alps and for travel in winter in northern Norway. It's just brilliant - in fact, the only (very minor) criticism I could think of is that the jacket became a little too warm while dog-sledding, but it was easy to adjust the draw cords and zip to balance the temperature. In Arctic conditions the jacket is warm enough for just a couple of base layers. The cut is perfect for active use and the multiplicity of pockets makes it easy to store - and retrieve! - gloves, lenses and other bulky items. Fantastic quality that's more than worth the cost.
Write Your Own Review